Latest post Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:07 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 13 2016 6:20 PM

Exception: AMPI subsystem error

This error comes up when I try to play a clip. Didn't happen previously. 

• Thu, Oct 13 2016 6:35 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: AMPI subsystem error

Hi.you should tell us more:

• MC version
    • AMA link/Link clips
    • Regular import
    • PLay audio but not video or viceversa?
    In the meanwhile I encourage you to read this: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Error_Message/en368731

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:07 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,265
    • Points 231,895
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Exception: AMPI subsystem error

Avid Student 19:

This error comes up when I try to play a clip. Didn't happen previously. 

This is a generic error generated by the DSMServer.exe. This process is responsible for licensing and validating the audio plugins (including AudioSuite) within Media Composer. If for some reason the process can not start successfully, you may receive the AMPI error. There are many reasons why the DSMServer.exe may not start. Please review the following for some known causes.

Mac OS X Users

1. If this error occurs on Macintosh systems, you may need to reinstall the PACE driver

1. Navigate to Mac HD > System > Libray > Extensions
    2. Delete PACESupportFamily.kext (there should only be one instance; if there is more than 1 delete them all)
    3. Navigate to Mac HD > Libray > Application Support
    4. Delete the folder called Pace Anti-Piracy
    5. Download the PACE driver from here: http://www.paceap.com/support/support.html
    6. Install the PACE driver, following the installer's onscreen prompts

2. We have also identified a Mac OS bug where permissions may be corrupted by the Spotlight indexer. The Pace drivers may not load as a result. Repairing Disk Permissions has been seen to resolve this issue.

Please do the following to make sure the disk repair is done thoroughly:

1. Boot from the Snow Leopard DVD
    2. Select Next as if going to Install
    3. Select Disk Utility from Utilities Menu
    4. Run Disk First Aid. If errors are reported, select repair disk. Repeat until no errors.
    5. Run Repair Permissions until no errors. Once is usually enough.
    6. Reboot.

3. Check your network configuration. Some customers noted the following:

The Active Directory DNS setting listed a secondary DNS controller that no longer existed on the network due to a server change. Deleteing the second DNS entry, leaving only the existing Domain Controller as the primary DNS, and reboting the server and all of the Mac clients to flush the DNS cache resolved the issue. 

Ensure your Active Directory configuration is correct, and that all domain logins have the proper access to the Avid clients.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller