Latest post Tue, Nov 1 2005 12:09 AM by NewPro. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 1 2005 12:09 AM

• NewPro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 102
    • Points 1,400

Anyone have problems doing digital cut to older style DVCAM cameras?

I may have a solution:

Some of the older style Sony DVCAM cameras: Beginning with  VX1000 and the DSR 200 but not limited to them have a DVCAM bias. Given that AVID and most other NLEs treat DVCAM material as generic DV material it's tricky to lay off to one of the older DVCAM cameras from an AVID. I had this problem and scoured the AVID manual and the camera manual and even talked to Sony about it. It was eventually someone at Sony who solved it for me but earlier calls were to no avail because it ISN"T IN THE MANUAL.

In case anyone has the same problem here's what you do:

(Assumes a 1394 digital cut output from XP to Camera)

Set camera in VTR mode

Turn Camera Off

DO THE FOLLWOING AT THE SAME TIME:

On the VTR control panel:

Press Pause and slide the record slider to record and hold them both while you power the camera back on in VTR mode. When the BEEPS stop it is on and ready to receive straight DV signal over the 1394. You can release the buttons at this point.

NOW:

Put your tape in and let it preroll and stop

Press record again, if you have a slider, hold it until the tape starts to roll.

Start your digital cut 

You should be recording.

Many of the newer cameras don't have this limitation since Sony finally gave in to the DV dominance over DVCAM and if you do have the limitation your controls may work slightly differently but if you've been banging your head against the wall or given up on your SONY camera working as an output device, this may work for you.

(moderator) please feel free to change the topic name to whatever you think will serve best.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller