Latest post Fri, Sep 23 2016 8:59 AM by S.Clements. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 21 2016 10:07 PM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Adding lots of metadata to clips and sub clips after an editor's started cutting.

Hey, Guys.

I'm wondering if there are any solutions to this problem - let's say you have a dailies workflow where lots of footage is coming in for the editor and he really needs to get cutting asap.  However, a ton of metadata must be added to the clips and subclips he'll be using and must stick to every instance of the material he's working with.  Plus, getting access to the bins when he's not using them is very difficult...In a situation like this, would you have to add all the metadata before the editor started cutting?  Or, is there a safe way to add metadata to the bins after the editor has begun?  Would metadata stick with the subclips in every instance?

I was wondering if an ale couuld be exported, worked on by an assistant and then merged in later.  However, I've heard that the subclips wouldn't like this workflow very much.  Any solutions or warnings would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:10 PM In reply to

Re: Adding lots of metadata to clips and sub clips after an editor's started cutting.

In theory I think you can merge (Via an ALE) later and have it ripple through.

But the best bet is to do a small test of the process and see if it works as needed

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Sep 23 2016 8:59 AM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Re: Adding lots of metadata to clips and sub clips after an editor's started cutting.

Thanks, Pat.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller