Latest post Tue, Apr 10 2018 10:01 PM by Robert A. Ober. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 18 2016 7:28 PM

Installation failed... unable to uninstall

Tried to install Avid on my MacBook, but a message came up that the installation failed.  Strangely, Avid nonetheless appears as an installed application.  It fails to run, though, apparently because the Application Manager is missing.  I ran the uninstaller, but it indicates there is nothing to uninstall.  And yet, there is it.  How can I uninstall Avid manually?

Media Composer 2021.2.0 w/Symphony | macOS 10.15.7 | iMac 2017 (Retina 5K, 27-inch) 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 | 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 | TerraMaster 16TB external... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 19 2016 7:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,529
    • Points 235,115
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Installation failed... unable to uninstall

Michael

What OS are you on and what Version of MC are you attepting to use?   Might be best to email me the above and your system ID, My Avid email etc....

Marianna

email below

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 19 2016 9:21 PM In reply to

Thanks, Marianna, for offering your assistance.  Because this installation was part of the discovery on an open support case, I added this request to that ticket.  One of Avid's support representatives promptly got back to me with the procedure.  For those who are interested, I am copying her instructions below:

a) Trash the following folders:

Macintosh HD>Applications>Avid Media Composer

Macintosh HD>Applications>Avid Uninstallers

Macintosh HD>Applications>Utilities>Avid Utilities

Macintosh HD>Library>Extensions>AvidDX.kext

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Avid

b) Clear Application Manager Cache (Quit first the Avid Application Manager and Helper via Activity Monitor)

c) Trash the following folder:

HD\Library\Caches\Avid\Appman\Cache and Db

Media Composer 2021.2.0 w/Symphony | macOS 10.15.7 | iMac 2017 (Retina 5K, 27-inch) 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 | 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 | TerraMaster 16TB external... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 10 2018 9:13 PM In reply to

Michael Ray Brown:

Thanks, Marianna, for offering your assistance.  Because this installation was part of the discovery on an open support case, I added this request to that ticket.  One of Avid's support representatives promptly got back to me with the procedure.  For those who are interested, I am copying her instructions below:

a) Trash the following folders:

Macintosh HD>Applications>Avid Media Composer

Macintosh HD>Applications>Avid Uninstallers

Macintosh HD>Applications>Utilities>Avid Utilities

Macintosh HD>Library>Extensions>AvidDX.kext

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Avid

b) Clear Application Manager Cache (Quit first the Avid Application Manager and Helper via Activity Monitor)

c) Trash the following folder:

HD\Library\Caches\Avid\Appman\Cache and Db

Hello,

Did the above work?  

I am gettin the install failed on Sierra trying to install 2018.4 from Appman and the download.

Thanks,

Robert

2018 MacBook Pro,I7 2.6GHz/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 560X 4GB/500GB SSD/External RAID0/Mojave & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/1GB SSD/HIT2TB/WD1TB/ProAvio... [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Tue, Apr 10 2018 9:51 PM In reply to

Robert,

Yes, that procedure did work.  However, as I recall it was on an earlier version of OS X, not Sierra.

— 
    Michael
  • Tue, Apr 10 2018 10:01 PM In reply to

Michael Ray Brown:

Robert,

Yes, that procedure did work.  However, as I recall it was on an earlier version of OS X, not Sierra.

— 
    Michael

Thanks,  Not working for me so far but I had older versions of MC and Pro Tools also installed so I am doing additional cleanup.  

This was all cool before 2018.3 or .4 .

Take it EZ,

Robert

2018 MacBook Pro,I7 2.6GHz/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 560X 4GB/500GB SSD/External RAID0/Mojave & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/1GB SSD/HIT2TB/WD1TB/ProAvio... [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller