Latest post Fri, Aug 12 2016 12:36 PM by Mike Brodeur. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 12 2016 4:32 AM

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Faster than 8x playback with audio enabled? Possible?

I have serveral hours of surveillance footage to review so that I can pull out sections of interest and drop into a sequence for export.  With some of the footage that has no audio, there's no trouble going to 240fps/8x (the audio in MC is muted as well as no audio showing on the meters).  I ran through about 5 hrs of that pretty quickly.

For the other 8+ hrs, I'd like to be able to both hear audio and see the metering while running through it at 240fps/8x.  Is it possible to do this with only the MC software and without any special I/O or control surface hardware?

I know I could play the footage in a video player at fast rates with audio but then I'd have to keep track of pseudo-TC and translate that into the TC I'd see in MC and that would lead to more time and effort, I think, than just staying with 90fps/3x max in MC.  There isn't any deadline associated with this but I obviously want to spend the least time possible while getting the desired results.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Fri, Aug 12 2016 12:36 PM In reply to

• Mike Brodeur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 15 2008
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 28
    • Points 405

Re: Faster than 8x playback with audio enabled? Possible?

No, it isn't possible to do this in Media Composer.  The application cuts out all audio processing at speeds higher than 3x, which is why you neither hear the audio nor see the audio meters at 8x.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller