Latest post Thu, Aug 4 2016 6:01 PM by lauras3. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 4 2016 1:25 PM

• lauras3
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 24 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

audio plug ins missing MC 8.6

I have recently installed media composer 8.6  and am missing all the air audio plug ins that were available with my previous version (8.5). In particular Airkill Eq was very useful. In the knowledge base I note it says these should be included free wth Avid Media Composer. 

I'm running El Capitan. (OS X 10.11.6)

Anyone know what has happened to these? 

• Thu, Aug 4 2016 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: audio plug ins missing MC 8.6

Can you point to the Knowledge Base article you refer to? I don't have that plugin on my system.

Are you sure those weren't included with some bundle or with ProTools?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Aug 4 2016 3:03 PM In reply to

• lauras3
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90
      Avid Certified User

Sorry it's not a knowledge base article but on a sales page. Link below

http://www.avid.com/media-composer/all-included-plug-ins

• Thu, Aug 4 2016 3:54 PM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 24 2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 171
    • Points 2,090

same here, MC 8.6.1 @ win7 prof. without AIR plugins.

MC 2018.12.11 & SYM / BM Monitor4K / Windows 10 prof. 64 bit / i7 3930k / Quadro M4000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 4 2016 5:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,462
    • Points 234,190
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

lauras3:

Sorry it's not a knowledge base article but on a sales page. Link below

http://www.avid.com/media-composer/all-included-plug-ins

Working to get that page updated with the web team as it appears that the product team didn't do it back in late 2015.

Scoop....   

Starting with MC 8.2….AIR Creative Collection Effects are not automatically installed with the editing application. You can find the installer for the AIR Creative Collection Effects on the Download Center or on My Avid Accounts.Media Composer users who previously had Air from an older release do not have it taken away when they uninstall or upgrade, but NEW USERS don’t get them any more.  

If you had Media Composer earlier with Air, and are doing a clean install, you should get your Air plug-ins by running the old installer and using custom install to get just the plug-ins. Then install the latest MC.Because of QT conflicts, you have to install from exactly the last installer that included Air but earlier versions don’t work with current versions of MC because of this conflict, and later installers don’t have it.

To get the latest Air plug-ins, customers should get them from InMusic, they are no longer free.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 4 2016 6:01 PM In reply to

• lauras3
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90
      Avid Certified User

Thanks Marianna, but the latest MC8.6 is already installed on my new computer, so I cant custom install unless I uninstall it first. Plus I didn't keep earlier versions of the MC software. I only have from 8.4.5.

However a workaround that seems to be ok is to copy the effect I want (AIRKILLEQ.aaxplugin) from my old computer to Library/Application support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins on my new computer. 

The effect then appears in the project window effects tab under Audio Track/All heading, and can be applied to a track as normal. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller