Latest post Thu, Aug 4 2016 1:07 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 4 2016 9:38 AM

• mrtrees
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 8 2006
    • London
    • Posts 303
    • Points 4,110

Why are Avid so incompetent and useless and boring

So they tell me my contracts about to expire, no worries, heres £6k to renew all my licenses. Thanks

Several days later, download and install MC 8.6.1.. It wont open, apparantly the software wasreleased past my contract expiration date.  Wait, this cant be right they just took 6 grand of me to allow me to use MC 8.6.1

Raise a case with Avid, they tell me to do this and that and then this and that again and assure me it will work.

Have a guess what happens - same as before.

Raise another case, oh yeah, actually try this and this and while your at it try that. Weve checked our end and its all good.

Have another guess - yep same problem.

I had the exact same problem this time last year, looks like the clowns over at Avid have been spending all their time at the circus for the last year

Currently have two edit suites down and an Editor on site in LA unable to work in a satisfactory manner.

Everythign and i mean everything with Avid is such hard work. Actually thats not true, the one thing they are good at is taking your money

MC 2018.7.1/OSX 10.13.5/AJA IO4K/Nexis Client 7.10/ISIS server 4.7.11 Mac Pro 3GHZ 8 Core Intel Xon E5/32GB ISIS 5000 sys director/ 2 x 32 TB expansion... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 4 2016 1:07 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Why are Avid so incompetent and useless and boring

Hi there

I checked and I dont see cases open in 2016 for you.  Could you emil me directly, the case #'s given, your 2 license system ID's and your My Avid email.

I will resolve it ASAP AND find out what happened and who handled this....  I see your account but I dont want to guess on licening.

Standing by for your email.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller