Latest post Mon, Jul 25 2016 8:04 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 21 2016 10:04 AM

• Kevin Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 21 2011
    • London
    • Posts 60
    • Points 905

Background services error

Hi, 

Since upgrading to El Capitan 10.11.5 and Media Composer 8.6 the fans on my Macbook Pro have been very noisy and I've narrowed it down to the Media Composer background services. It looks as though the background services are some how stuck. 

21-Jul-2016 11:43:33(17)INFO: File: /Users/nxnbuild/jenkins/workspace/IMEAMAHost.release.mac/xplat/imehost/source/IMEHost/ACFHostComponent.cpp Line: 1044 IACFClassFactory::FindDefinition failed (8000000D),.....com.avid.dmfservice.WSLoggerResource:putXML

Does anyone know a way of getting it to quit this activity. I've tried stopping background services and restarting it and it keeps doing this. Would it help to clear out my AMA cache?

The only way of getting it to stop this process is to turn off bckground services altogether but then I would lose that as an option for background transcoding which I don't want to do.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

Kevin

Media Composer 8.04 with Symphony option, MacBook Pro 15inch, 2.7 ghz Intel Core i7, Mac OS Yosemeti 10.10.3 16 GB Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 25 2016 8:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,265
    • Points 231,895
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Background services error

hmmm  never seen this one before.

Are you connected to a network of drives?    One other thought Kevin is to delete the Editor Transcode folder.  Then reinstall Media Composer 8.6 and try to start the services again. 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller