Latest post Thu, Jul 14 2016 4:11 AM by Glenno. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 14 2016 1:01 AM

• JPBU
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 11 2014
    • Canada
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,975

Video level: Resolve to Media Composer

Hello,

I'm making the round trip from Resolve to Media Composer. My grading is done, exported an AAF in MXF Op-ATOM. Import the AAF in Media Composer, and everything works fine. My problem is with the video level.

My export from Resolve has been done with the Video/Data Level at « Video 64-940 ».  Once in Media Composer, if I want my timeline to look like it was in Resolve, I need to change the « source settings » to:

-       Source color space: REC 709

-       Color Transformation: Levels scaling (video levels to full range)

Without that, everything is, of course, more flat.

Am I right to do that? Or is it just the way the "viewer" in MC display the image ?

I need to provide a Quicktime for broadcast use and want to be shure I'm giving them the right thing. Thank you!

Thank you!

Media Composer 2018.10 | iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W | 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB | G-Raid 16TB Thunderbolt 3 | macOS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 14 2016 4:11 AM In reply to

• Glenno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008
    • Posts 84
    • Points 1,125

Re: Video level: Resolve to Media Composer

It's just the viewer, your levels should be correct without the color transform. Right click the viewer and switch to full range in 'display colorspace'. That'll make the viewer display the media with full contrast. You can check the levels on the scopes in Media Composer in color correction mode.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller