Latest post Thu, May 5 2016 7:34 AM by Jayson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 3 2016 4:15 PM

• Jonas Cox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 9 2015
    • Springfield, MA
    • Posts 23
    • Points 275

change color of track buttons

Hi,

Once my track count gets high, usually I make my tracks "short/thin".  This makes it difficult to patch source to record. I strain to see on the record side: "Which is V2?" I think I can see it, so I click on it, my source gets auto-patched, and I do an overwrite edit.  Then I see that I had actually patched to V3.

Being able to make the V1 track be a different color from V2, from V3, etc., is a start to helping address this.  But what we really need is for the color you choose for that track to be mapped to the actual button (V1, V2, etc.).  Otherwise, you still can't easily tell (when tracks are very short/thin) which track is which.  I've attached a mockup of what I mean.

Thanks for your time!

-Jonas

MC 8.9 on Dell 7910 (Windows 7 Professional),with Nitris DX and ISIS [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 5 2016 7:34 AM In reply to

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

Re: change color of track buttons

This would be nice I'm always zooming into the sequence to figure out which track my clip is on. Also, it'd be good either as a background color for the track so that clip colors aren't over ridden or as a toggle the over rides clip colors and can be toggled on and off.

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller