Latest post Fri, Mar 4 2016 5:40 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 4 2016 4:24 PM

• calc50
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 30 2006
    • Northern Michigan
    • Posts 163
    • Points 2,245

Saving out a workspace on MC 7.0.6

Looking to save a custom arranged workspace so i can readily access day after day, it and take it to other avid systems and work on it etc...

how do i do this?

• Fri, Mar 4 2016 5:40 PM In reply to

Re: Saving out a workspace on MC 7.0.6

If you save a workspace, it will appear among your settings under Workspace.

While you can't export a specific setting per se, you can copy your user to another system and import specific settings.

1. Copy User A (with your workspace) from System A to the desktop of System B.
    2. Launch System B and make sure User B is the active user.
    3. With the Settings tab active, select File > Open Settings File and navigate to the User A file on your desktop.
    4. Drag any settings you want (in this case, your workspace) from the window that opens to the Settings window in your project.

Of course, if you just want to use all of User A's settings on System B, you can also drop the User A file into /Users/Shared/AvidMediaComposer/Avid Users/[folder named for the Mac user]. Then it will be available from the User selection pulldown.

HTH

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller