Latest post Fri, Aug 24 2018 12:02 PM by gabibasalici. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 3 2016 4:46 AM

• erwabo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 28 2008
    • Detroit MI
    • Posts 139
    • Points 1,655

Avid Unity Media Engine

I have seen some great deals on these on ebay in terms of hardware, but I had a couple questions about these:

1. Im sure Unity software is required and I have seen some various LanShare software on ebay, can you still get Unity Software from Avid?

2. It seems these also had a Dongle. (saw a few on ebay) Without a Dongle, is the Unity pretty much useless other than using it as an oversized NAS?

Thanks

Pro Tools 12.5, Avid Media Composer Adrenaline HD 5.7, Studio Toolkit 5.7 [view my complete system specs]

Eric Bojonell
    Owner
    EBO Music Studios L.L.C.

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 6:09 PM In reply to

• IdahoMetz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 20 2017
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Re: Avid Unity Media Engine

Hello, yes software is required.  The software is no longer available on the Avid Download site. I am currently trying to find the client software to load on 2 computers that we replaced. They also use a dongle that is flashed for a certain number of connections. Ours is flashed for 6 fiber connected clients and 2 ethernet. Ethernet clients on Unity are no longer supported for Avid Media Composer vers 8. If any one out there happens to have the Unity MediaNetwork v5.4 client installer for windows please let me know!

Thanks,

IdahoMetz

• Fri, Aug 24 2018 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Unity Media Engine

Hi.

I just saw that you still have the app for windows. On avid website are not any more. Would it be possible to share it with me? In case anyone needs the mac version, let me know, i can give it to you. Unfortunetly la latest OSX that I maneged to work on is Yosemite 10.10.5.

Thanks.

Gabi

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller