Latest post Thu, Jan 14 2016 2:47 PM by James Smith. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 14 2016 9:56 AM

• James Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Message: clips requiring the following conversions offline: resolution

I am getting the following notification when attempting to export a simple video/audio clip as an AAF for Pro Tools from Avid Media Composer 8.3 on a Windows PC:

"Some of the clips requiring the following conversions are offline: resolution"

I have no clips offline, so have not idea why this message is appearing. I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening? Thank you.

Avid Media Composer 8.3 running on HP Pavilion G6, Windows 10. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 14 2016 1:45 PM In reply to

Re: Message: clips requiring the following conversions offline: resolution

Hi.

I think MC is asking for your media, that means you are offline. Try to indentify offline clips:

• Go to Timeline fast menu
    • Clip color/choose red
    • select offline/ok
    • You will see some red clips on your timeline/ delete if you DONT NEED.
    Even if you have a frame avid will ask you to make theconversion. cv

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Thu, Jan 14 2016 2:47 PM In reply to

• James Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Re: Message: clips requiring the following conversions offline: resolution

Thanks for the reply. I tried to identify offline clips with Clip Color... but nothing seemed to happen. I read that there were bugs with Clip Color, but I'm only using a very small test clip on the timeline, so I'm pretty sure everything is online.

Avid Media Composer 8.3 running on HP Pavilion G6, Windows 10. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller