Latest post Tue, Sep 29 2015 8:18 AM by mjolnarn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 28 2015 2:47 PM

• Clarice
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 28 2009
    • Posts 21
    • Points 295

While Capturing I can't hear audio and it gives me an exception error

Hello All I am currently working on MC8.3 with Windows 7 pro and a Matrox Mini MXO 2, when I want to capture footage either from Betacam or DVcam I can see the picture and see the audio levels but I can't hear it. Then when I push the button to capture an exception error appears : Audio signal present but not captured. But the funny thing is, is that I can capture video on its own with no audio and audio on its own with no video????? I'm hoping someone out there can help me. Thanks Clarice

• Mon, Sep 28 2015 3:38 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,971
    • Points 21,720
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: While Capturing I can't hear audio and it gives me an exception error

Hi Clarice,

Here's a similar thread, same device, no audio on capture. It might shed some light to the issue. 

Regards,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 29 2015 8:10 AM In reply to

• Clarice
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 28 2009
    • Posts 21
    • Points 295

Thanks RalphC , I read the thread and tried rebooting the Matrox Mini and that didn't work.

I then tried to change the sample rate in my project under settings audio project but it wouldn't let me change it from 48k to 32k....is there somewhere else I can change the sample rate ?

Thanks so much :)

• Tue, Sep 29 2015 8:18 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

Hi Clarice, you arent mentioning how you are capturing , firewire or using the Matrox device , as the Matrox device is mentioned I suppose you are using that one but just to clarify  

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller