Latest post Mon, Sep 14 2015 1:26 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 14 2015 9:58 AM

• mrtrees
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 8 2006
    • London
    • Posts 303
    • Points 4,110

Avid Application Manger doesnt work

The application manger is useless, even downloading the installer from the download centre doesnt work as expected. Throwing up random errors one after the other.

Avid support gave me a list of files and folders to delete to cure teh problem, surprise surpsrise this didnt work either and was quite frankly ridiculous given i have 35 systmes to upgrade.

Dont ask me how but finally after rebotting, logging in and out, delteign and reinstallign i have one system of MC 8.4.1 running, although only on trial because apparntly the activation server can not be reached.

If this while process wasnt so ridiculous id be furious, but after ten years of workign with Avid and Media Composer i have to say it is par for the course and i am genuinely not surprised.

Congratulations i youhave been able to upgrade with no problems. I certainly havent

MC 2018.7.1/OSX 10.13.5/AJA IO4K/Nexis Client 7.10/ISIS server 4.7.11 Mac Pro 3GHZ 8 Core Intel Xon E5/32GB ISIS 5000 sys director/ 2 x 32 TB expansion... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 14 2015 1:26 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Application Manger doesnt work

Have to say  I've always found the Mac Avid experience is more problematic than the PC one.

That said I have a number of Macs here and they upgrade without issue.

Generally I'm making sure I uninstall all the old Avid software and then restart. Then install with a full installer.

That normally works fine. Making sure the OS is correct is important as thats the easiest thing to get wrong.

The installers for Mac and PC are tested on PC's and Macs by the internal Avid staff, then beta testers, then moderators any issues are then dealt with before it goes out to the public.

So for the most part "Normal" Mac installs should behave as they ahve for all those testers.

I can only imagine something on that machine or your setup is causing an issue. And the support suggestions will have been to try and help resolve that issue. Thats not an expectation that all Mac installers will need to jump through those hoops to get a successful install.

It could be just one rouge machine you have (I'd test install on a few more) or it could be something else in your setup that hasn't been part of everyone elses testing experience.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller