Latest post Mon, May 4 2015 7:31 AM by hbrock. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 3 2015 11:49 PM

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2013
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Upgrading from 5.5.3 to 5.5.5 ?

Hey, it's been a long time since I installed 5.5.3 on my system and now I need to update to 5.5.5 so I can read mc 7 bins.

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing? What do I need to input as far as a key/registration number? I have the original booklet and discs and all the discs (Boris, DVD Sorensen) have the serial numbers on stickers right where I pull the disc out, but the Avid MC does not.

In the booklet there is a sticker with the System ID # and Seriial # underneath. Is that all I need? There is a rectangular area just under that that has been removed (like a sticker that was peeled off) but I don't think I peeled that off. I don't know why I would have done that.

I don't want to be left unable to reinstall if I uninstall.

Thanks for any help!

• Mon, May 4 2015 12:06 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Upgrading from 5.5.3 to 5.5.5 ?

Uninstall and reinstall.

Your current license should persist, but...to be safe:   If it's a dongle, you don't need to do anything.  If it's software licensing, de-activate it before uninstalling and then re-activate it from the new version.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, May 4 2015 1:16 AM In reply to

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2013
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Thanks.

It is software licensing.

So what is involved in reactivating? Do I have all the numbers I need? Sorry, it's been years since I did this install.

• Mon, May 4 2015 7:31 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Nothin'.  Since you're not moving systems or changing versions you don't need to do anything.  If you do de-activate before uninstalling, just re-activate after installing the new version.  All of the licensing info is already on your computer.  You don't need to enter any more numbers or codes.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller