Latest post Tue, Jun 26 2018 6:55 PM by josephulton. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 1 2015 5:36 PM

• bcky1224
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 1 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

MC8 timeline shows duplicate audio tracks

Hi all -

I've been working in a Media Composer timeline with several audio tracks - a mix of both stereo and mono - which I inherited from a previous editor. Yesterday I added three more stereo audio tracks, but for some reason I see a duplicate of each of those three tracks in my timeline. These duplicates cannot be deleted - for example, deleting one track labeled A17 also deletes the other A17. 

My first thought was to go to the Timeline Fast Menu (hamburger) > Show Track, and then deselect the repeated audio tracks. It worked and I even saved the timeline view setting afterwards. BUT as soon as I used a different view setting (for example, I have one with waveforms and one without) and then switched back to the newly saved setting, the duplicates were back. I have restarted both the software alone and the entire computer, as well as created a new sequence, but I am not having any luck. I've attached two screenshots of the issue below. 

I'm hoping someone can explain why this is happening and suggest a solution, if one exists! I feel like I'm probably missing something very straightforward!

Many thanks in advance

-Rebecca

----

Specs:
    Media Composer 8.2.0 software only
    MacPro 2 x 2.93 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon
    16 GB RAM
    OS X 10.9.5

• Fri, May 1 2015 11:54 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,055
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: MC8 timeline shows duplicate audio tracks

Try renaming the duplicate tracks only and see what happens.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Sat, May 2 2015 1:57 AM In reply to

• bcky1224
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 1 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Update: 

I created a new project and copied over all the bins from the old one. The duplicated tracks are no longer showing in the timeline, although they do still appear under Fast Menu > Show Track. I can deal with that though!

• Tue, Jun 2 2015 3:50 PM In reply to

• Rob253
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 4 2009
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Hello,

Had the same problem in avid MC 7.0.4 and Avid MC 7.0.4.2 on Mac OSX 10.7.5

This was caused by corupted MCstate files in /Applications/Avid Media Composer/...  and /Users/Shared/AvidMediacomposer/..

After deleting the MCstate files, the project came back whitout the duplicate tracks

MY systems are MacPro ( old and new ) Imac i7, 16GB mem, osx10.7 - osx 10.10

MacPro 2011 model 3.3GHz quadcore 16GB memory, Apple raid card, Kona3 card, 10Gb/s network OSX 10.7 MacPro 2010 model 2.4GHz 8-core, 20GB memory, Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 26 2018 6:55 PM In reply to

Just had similar issue in MC 8.6.5 on OSX 10.9.5. Tracks 21-28 appeared twice and mirrored each other (mark, lift, solo, etc)

Deleting MCstate fixed the issue! Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller