Latest post Wed, Jan 21 2015 9:33 PM by rlaherman. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 21 2015 3:27 AM

• tourne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 30 2008
    • Posts 33
    • Points 535

UPGRADE MC8 - disappointed with Avid

Hello , only earlier today , reading these posts , 
    I knew I would run to buy the upgrade to MC8 with discount from my old MC7 symphony option.
    Immediately, i put in my cart my upgrade. When i was paying, a warnning appeared on the screen: INVALID ITEM
    Probably, was my last chance to have a discount, but I am so disappointed with AVID. 

I am AVID user for a decade. I've been upgrading my dongle since avid Xpress Pro. Today, I have two licences, one of them
    with symphony option and no upgrade is posible for me. If i have a license, even though new policies, I think I have the right
    to pay for an upgrade to MC8. Here in Brazil, is increasingly rare to find an avid editor. Avid seems that is disappearing slowly
    and people like me is turning on editor "old school". People like me respect Avid and deserve the same respect from Avid.
    Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Jan 21 2015 8:19 AM In reply to

Re: UPGRADE MC8 - disappointed with Avid

You should send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She is their Customer Advocate, and she might be able to help.  (If you've missed the deadline to upgrade, I don't know for certain that she can, but if anyone at Avid can it is her.)

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 9:45 AM In reply to

Marrianna maybe abl;e to help. But there wasn't much more Avid could have done. This information has been posted online and all over the place for months now.

It's impossible to get info to folks who aren't looking.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:35 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,392
    • Points 17,195

Videoguys still has some discounted upgrades in stock if you are able to place an order from Brazil.

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:52 PM In reply to

• tourne
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 33
    • Points 535

Thanks a lot Guys!!! 

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 3:27 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,674
    • Points 224,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Tourne,

Happy to assist you with upgrades.  

First and foremost, Avid did communicate the new changes all over the place - forums, Social media and email blasts to those customers that Opt In to communications from Avid in their license registration.  If you didnt Opt in - you wouldnt know directly other than here on the forums and on social media.

Second, you can still buy the upgrades.  www.videoguys.com has both the MC support/upgrade plan and the MC + Symphony crossgrade plan avaialbe and is even providing a discount on the MSRP.

I know you have been a long time customer.... and we try to ensure we communicate as much and as often as we can.  We even created a forum for Licensing to help get the word out.

email Gary@videoguys.com and he can assist you.

Problems... let me know.  I am only a post, email or Tweet away.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 8:00 PM In reply to

• tourne
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 33
    • Points 535

Thank you Marianna, I really didn't receive this information by my registered email, but I know that i am out of forums for a long time. I will call Videoguys. I sent you another doubt about exporting MOV 16 audio mono tracks channels. Do you know how can I do That? Thank u again.

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 9:33 PM In reply to

• rlaherman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Tourne

Sounds good.....  

Gary will assist you.

I just saw your email and will check it and respond.

Marianna 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller