Latest post Sat, Jan 10 2015 6:23 AM by Keith R. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 9 2015 6:38 PM

• dreid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Toronto
    • Posts 227
    • Points 3,040

Purchased Avid Support Plan, now what?

Hello, if anyone could simplify this for me:

I have the Avid Standard Support ($299/purchased at end of 2014) and I need help with my upgrade/install ... apparently I have unlimited incidents I can send to Avid for troubleshooting/web/email support ... Q:  how do I acces that, where are the contact addresses?

(I hope that the answer is not to go to the dinky little "submit a case" form that I found, and if that is the method for my email/web/troubleshooting support, let me emit aloud sigh right now, as the form is extremely ancient in its layout (ie: they ask me to be as detailed as I can with my submission, yet they give me a 1/4 screen, 2-line tiny box to enter the details) ... that "case form" should really be updated/expanded, it's extremely un-user friendly

Alternately, and switching topics now, the question I need answered is: when installing Media Composer 7.0.4 on Windows 7 SP 1, which NVida driver do I need?  The litrerature seems to point to 2 different drivers: 310.90 and 320.78 are both mentioned in different read me files ... so which driver is it:  310.90 or 320.78?

thanks so much in advance!

Derek

MC 8.5.3, DNxIO w/ 10.5.4, Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, Dell 7910, Dual 10 core Xeon 3.10, 128 GB DDR4 RAM, Quadro K5200, 1 TB SSD system drive, 1 TB SSD cache... [view my complete system specs]

And back to a windowless room full of Avids he goes.

• Fri, Jan 9 2015 8:41 PM In reply to

Re: Purchased Avid Support Plan, now what?

When you log onto Avid.com in your account you can access support.

After installing V7.0.4 you will find an Nvidia driver in the utilities folder.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Sat, Jan 10 2015 6:23 AM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 8 2012
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,380

Re: Purchased Avid Support Plan, now what?

Hello Pat

Only recently installed MC 7.0.3 what's 7.0.4 allready, or am I mis reading something.. ? 

still trying to figger out what comes with 7.0.3 I couldn't find Squeeze Light for example .

doesn't matter I happen to have Squeeze 10 Desktop Pro .

Ive always loved the Media Composer timeline so I'm not too stressed out about

the mystery of the add ons ie:- what have we lost or gained with the new subscription..?

guess what I am saying is I have run MC.XXX since MC4.xxx and now the MC 8.0.3 "subscription"

and confused about what is supposed to come with it.

This is a comment not a complaint :- happy with MC 8.xxx at least so far, but confused as to what

still works with it and how to register . Visited the download Centre but what entitlements and how to register

is a bit of a mystery to ma at least.

Regards to you and all for this new year...Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller