Latest post Sat, Dec 20 2014 2:34 PM by Job ter Burg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 20 2014 2:24 PM

• Ben
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 13 2014
    • London
    • Posts 9
    • Points 115

What happens if after the first year you choose to not to pay for another year?

I have a dongle licence, I want to keep it as this. I see that It might be an idea to (begrudgingly) pay for the first year of upgrades as if I do not I will always be stuck with version 7.0.4.

What happens then when I pay for the support package for one year and then I decide it is no longer worth it to me, do I revert to 7.0.4 or will it stay at whatever the latest upgrade was that was covered in my support plan and would I be able to use this perpetually?

I just keep thinking there will lots of hidden stings. Its hard to trust a business who seemed to be on a money grab, but then, that is a modern business model isnt it?

HP Z420, Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60 GHz, 8Gb, Nvidia K2000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 20 2014 2:34 PM In reply to

Re: What happens if after the first year you choose to not to pay for another year?

Ben:
    do I revert to 7.0.4 or will it stay at whatever the latest upgrade was that was covered in my support plan and would I be able to use this perpetually?
    The latter. From there on your license will let you run the last version you were on. So if you enter the plan now, and in 2015 you get to, say, version 9.3, then you don't renew, your license will be stuck at 9.3 from then on.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller