Latest post Mon, Dec 22 2014 5:51 PM by Mark Renz. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:19 PM

• Luke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 22 2014
    • NSW Australia
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

How to limit colour correction to a range of chroma or luma?

Hi All

I'm looking to perform a minor colour tweak to a given range of chroma, in this case I would like to pull back the saturation of the yellows in my shot however I don't want to mess up the overall colour balance. For those familiar with FCP this is a very easy to achieve from the colour correction interface.

Is this possible in MC or do I need to implement a round trip workflow to another application with more versatile colour tools?

Thank

Luke

Z820 Dual Xeon, 32GB Ram, Quadro K5000, Win 7, Mbox Pro, Avid colour, mix and shuttle. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 22 2014 5:51 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,040
    • Points 12,945

Re: How to limit colour correction to a range of chroma or luma?

This is not easily possible in MC without the Symphony option. You can do it with Boris CC effects or using the paint effect(I think on the paint).

With the symphony optinon, you will get a very limited secondary color correction tab that will let you pick colors and adjust.

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller