Latest post Tue, Dec 30 2014 4:09 PM by Marianna. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:44 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,311
    • Points 232,440
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Idea [I] Broadcast Peeps - Make sure you read this!

As I’m sure your aware, there’s been a lot of hype lately surrounding two new things at Avid:

1. Media Composer & Newscutter becoming subscription-based,

2. Upgrades and Service contracts changing, in order to handle this new subscription-based world we’re moving towards.

Note that this initiative isn’t just for people making wedding videos on the side or for those in post production. This applies to everyone including broadcasters. (For more info, click HERE.) 

PLEASE call your station's Avid sales account rep immediately. Get a conversation going regarding any support contracts, specifically regarding what is covered in your building and when the deadlines for coverage ends.

We don’t mean to alarm anyone, but do not assume your coverage is going to look and feel the same way it always has; including when renewal dates occur and how upgrades are provided. (This also goes for dongle-based systems as well as SW License based) Do not assume that every salesperson within Avid is able to be 100% proactive, so please do due diligence by discussing this with your team before the deadline of 12/31/2014. Do not assume that every single edit system (especially old ones) will be covered the same way they have been for years.

Service contracts are products. The classic contract you are currently under is a product. It will NOT be rolled-over automatically into this new service ecosystem at Avid. That is a new product. It is listed separately on account data sheets.  So you'll need to be proactive and check things.

You may indeed find that you ARE fully covered. But it's worth the few minutes on the phone to check. Last thing you'd want is to be left high and dry because of a miscommunication.

questions - ask away.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 18 2014 1:25 PM In reply to

Re: Broadcast Peeps - Make sure you read this!

Just put our 10 dongles onto contract so covered for 2015.

Just in time for 2K and 4K support!

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Mon, Dec 22 2014 2:43 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,259
    • Points 15,955
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Hi Pat Horridge - Curious how smooth the process of upgrading was with the dongles? Labor intensive? Smooth? Did you do so yourself or with a Support Rep assistance on the phone?

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: @heybove   Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)   WWND (What Would Norman Do?)   #AllisWell

• Mon, Dec 22 2014 2:50 PM In reply to

Haven't blown of the dongles yet. Just needed to get the support in place before year end.

Dongle updates are now done via the app manager so it should be straight forward.

Rarely had an issue in the past. Normally works as smooth as silk. So I'l probably have jinxed it now..

But I'll be under support so if I get stuck..

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

Filed under:
  • Mon, Dec 22 2014 3:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,311
    • Points 232,440
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Pixel Monkey:

Hi Pat Horridge - Curious how smooth the process of upgrading was with the dongles? Labor intensive? Smooth? Did you do so yourself or with a Support Rep assistance on the phone?

Easy peasey Chris.  Just back this am and just upgraded MY dongle... took 10 mintes soup to nuts and I am fine.  Regardless I am not going anywhere for the enxt week or so and will be online and available via phone should anyone need me

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 24 2014 5:08 AM In reply to

• Michael Dalton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 24 2014
    • Toronto/Tanzania
    • Posts 3
    • Points 65

Hi, 

just wondering if anyone else has had a nightmare upgrading.  I came from a cross over from FCP a few years back and for some reason my file is cursed. I was not able to purchase this upgrade through the store.  After countless tries Avid Store came back to me and said "some accounts have an issue with them, and we can't fix it. Sorry we can't help you!" I was floored by this!  

I'm, currently overseas and managed to get my local reseller to process the purchase for me.  But even now as I register the subscription, my online portal does not work to varrify the code I have.  The portal does not give me my System I.D. and I can't find it anywhere on the site so my status is ON HOLD.  A few FAQ say it's under the equipment tag, but there is no equipment tag on the site.  Apparantly it's on my machine too, but that is in storage in Canada and won't be accessable until after the new year.

Can I make a suggestion, Can you add a direct support for licencing issues that is not part of the paid support?? A simple click of button that takes seconds.    

2nd, If I don't varrify my purchase of the upgrade will it work after Jan 1st?  

Thanks

Red Cabon Dragon, Dragon Epic, MC editor, Mpro. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:41 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,259
    • Points 15,955
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Hi Michael.

In the post right above yours is one from Marianna Montague. See her contact info at the bottom? Email her directly and she can fix it all. That's her main job being in charge of online service - to make sure things go smooooth for you.

In most cases things have indeed been working smoothly online, but it sounds like you have an unusual situation. Again, why Marianna is such a great help to us!

Report back if there are further issues. Also report back if she helped fix it all. Thanks!

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: @heybove   Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)   WWND (What Would Norman Do?)   #AllisWell

• Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:45 PM In reply to

Michael as long as you have paid for (or ordered) support against your system ID with a reseller before the year end you will be covered. Avid support will work with yopu and the reseller to get the id registered as it needs to be. All that can happen in the new year. Having the contract in place is all that matters for year end.

Filed under:
  • Tue, Dec 30 2014 4:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,311
    • Points 232,440
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Pat is spot on.... as long as you ordered and paid then we can work the deets out later.

marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller