Latest post Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:01 PM by humanVSnature. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 13 2014 12:40 AM

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 493
    • Points 5,790

More Blackmagic Crashes Media Composer 8.2

I am on Media Composer 8.2 on Windows 7 pro 64bit. I import an dnxhd file, by dragging my database file into the bin from my Avid Media Files folder.

The video imports fine, if I have the Blackmagic hardware in my case Decklink SDI using verison 10 onwards tried 9 onwards as well. Even the latest 10.3.2. I try and play back the video in the source monitor dnxhd 30, dnxhd 175x for example. The video sticks but the audio VU meters are pulsing down and up like its jammed. I then get a Windows blue screeen saying System service exception decklink.sys and the entire system crashes. I am always having ecklink issues with Media composer since version 7, I think I should jus tmove towards an AJA or Matrox card as Blackmagic seem to be oblvious when you call or email them about Avid Media Composer support and think it should all be happily working together then blame Avid and say to contcat them. Can we for once and for all get Avid to lay down what the problems are geting Blackmagic video capture cartds working in any version of Media Composer 7-8. Also jkl, scrubbing a video I get constant black screens with white writing wanring me of a timeout when using Decklink from Blackmagic.

Its like walking in glue and problem after problem with these Blackmagcic cards its un-useable.

Thanks,

Leo

MacPro6.1 Late 2013 Intel Xeon 12-Core 2.7GHz 64GB RAM AMD FirePro D700 6GB OSX Mojave 10.14.6. Media Composer 2020.5, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5, Avid... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 13 2014 1:03 PM In reply to

• Radman
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 911
    • Points 10,620

Re: More Blackmagic Crashes Media Composer 8.2

Hi Leo,

I am having the same problem with my Multibridge.

Plays fine just with video. ( DNx )

With Audio it crashes the App plus blue screen system..

Spoken with BMDesign a number of times and nothing is done.

Please AVID, take a look.

Radman.

Win10 64Bit / HP Z800-XW8200 / 5x Quadro M6000. 48 Gig Ram / Cubix Expander 4 / 2x 32TB SAS JMR Raid unit / Avid Artist | Avid Artist DNxIO. 3x 27"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:01 PM In reply to

Re: More Blackmagic Crashes Media Composer 8.2

So Blackmagic wrote me to try the 10.1.4 driver again - and ja this is the one working best with avid. its much faster - the problem is, that the windows audio driver is then not working in this driver release. i use the tool asiolink with this you can route your system sound to the blackmagic asiodriver. this seams for me to be a working solution. For my studio 4k

But my main problem that h264 footage run out of sync when its amaed don`t solve. so what....

kind regards

Asus X99-A Haswell-e i7 5930 48GB Ram SSD Systemdrive Blackmagic DeckLink Studio 4K Driver 10.4 AMC 8.3.1 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller