Latest post Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:46 PM by Pixel Monkey. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 11 2014 9:07 PM

Major Registration Issues

So I decided to upgrade my Avid MC 6 before year's end to MC 8. I sign into

the website, which I haven't been to in a while. But anyway, I see that there's no

products registered. This is ridiculous since over the years we've purchased many,

many Avid products. Not only that, but we've used our registrations in the past to upgrade

to newer versions. The last being MC 6 and have registered every single time.

All of a sudden I have nothing registered? I call Avid and talk to someone who barely

speaks English and he wants me to re-register the products? I just hung up. Everytime

we try and upgrade we run into a major issue. 

Avid MC 5.5.1 - Operating SystemMS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - CPUIntel Core 2 Quad Q8400  @ 2.66GHz 55 °CYorkfield 45nm Technology - RAM8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24) - MotherboardIntel Corporation DP45SG (CPU 1) - GraphicsSyncMaster @ 1280x800NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 (version 266.35) - DeviceAudioCreative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM) - Operating System MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - CPUIntel Core 2 Quad - Socket 775 LGATechnology 45nmSpecification Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHzFamily 6Extended Family 6 and Quicktime 7.6.9

• Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:46 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,259
    • Points 15,955
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Major Registration Issues

Hi Steve. Not sure if I'll answer your question correctly here, but I've run into similar issues in my TV station. We resolved it, because we discovered that one of our engineers who assists with installations was hoarding many of the system registrations under his own Avid master account. So we made him sign-in and upgrade all our machines using his user account. Once done, we contacted Avid with him in the room and moved all the registrations into one master TV station account. (Nice guy, just a bit paranoid about job security I guess.)

So contact Avid directly and see if there is simply an issue of all the codes living under some other account. That's all this sounds like.

Report back if it's not the case. We can take it to the next level.

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: @heybove   Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD (What Would Larry Do?)   WWND (What Would Norman Do?)   #AllisWell

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller