Latest post Wed, Dec 10 2014 5:49 PM by joshdvx. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 10 2014 5:49 PM

• joshdvx
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 551
    • Points 6,640

Bug?: Reversed Audio Channels on mxf op1a if seqeuence was auto-sequeneced

So here's a fun bug, I'm on an Avid MC w/Symphony 7.0.4 on Z820.

I had a client give me a stack of 7HDCAM tapes that they needed xdcam 50 mxf op1a files made.

I digitized them all in, and then selected each master clip individually and selected auto-sequence from the bin's fast menu.

Great, it gave me a sequence with the correct start/end timecodes to make the files from.

Exported the file, audio settings were correct for Direct Out, 4 tracks.

CH1/2 Stereo L/R, CH3 Diag, CH4 SFX.

But upon re-importing the MXF file, the tracks reversed, CH1 was no SFX, CH2, was now Diag, CH3 was Stereo R, and CH4 was Stereo L... wow...

No matter how I tried exporting it kept reversing the tracks, and after testing on different avids, with different sequences, it stems from the original 'auto-sequence' that was done.  If I take those auto-sequenced files, and cut each one into a brand new sequence, and then reset the start timecode it fixes the problem and I can make the MXF files again.

I couldn't find any other threads on this, so posting this here.

Interested in learning Media Composer? In NYC? I teach Media Composer classes tailored for reality tv assistant editors. http://joshluddeni.com [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller