Latest post Wed, Sep 24 2014 9:37 AM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 23 2014 10:41 PM

Importing Assets and Organizing Files on the Hard Drive

I know how to import assets, and video files into Avid. Should I take all my assets that I am about to import and put them all into one folder or is it better to get assets from different folders?

• Wed, Sep 24 2014 5:07 AM In reply to

Re: Importing Assets and Organizing Files on the Hard Drive

It doesn't matter to the program where you import from. But, for your own sanity and/or organization you can feel free to move assets around however you like.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Sep 24 2014 9:24 AM In reply to

I do hope you mean AMA link and Transcode rather than import. Less and less sensible reasons to use the legacy import methods nowadays.

Having a sensible source asset folder arrangement makes managing the media much easier. But it's importnat any moving of files and folder is done in a sensible manner before you start to ingest. Don't start moving stuff after ingest or you make things harder down the line.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Wed, Sep 24 2014 9:37 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,317
    • Points 232,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Robert Perrett:

I know how to import assets, and video files into Avid. Should I take all my assets that I am about to import and put them all into one folder or is it better to get assets from different folders?

Robert,

If you are interested in getting to grips with a tried and tested system for managing all your media, please contact me off-forum.

My email address is below.

Regards

Douglas

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller