Latest post Thu, Oct 16 2014 7:24 PM by Jonathan Spafford. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 11 2014 2:16 PM

• Roman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 14 2008
    • Leipzig, Germany
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Quicktime Export - audio direct out - strange behavior

Hi there,

I regularly export my sequences with 1 videotrack and 4-audiochannels via quicktime-movie export with 'direct out' as audio option

I have just upgraded my symphony suite from Version 6 to 8.1. After exporting a quicktime-video with 4 discrete channels, media composer 8 seems to mix those 4 channels: Channel 1 & 2 in the quicktime-file are empty, channel 3 and 4 seem to be a mix of all 4 channels. I need track1 in my avid timeline to be audiochannel 1 in my quicktime file, track 2 should be track 2 and so on

- any idea what might cause the problem and any idea how to tell Sympony/Media Composer to export the audio channels to my quicktime-file correctly? 

HP Z820, NVIDIA Quadro 4000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 2 2014 7:46 PM In reply to

• jibanez80
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 8 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 50

Re: Quicktime Export - audio direct out - strange behavior

I'm bumping this issue as we're running into exactly the same thing.  Direct out worked great in 6.5 and now in 8.1 we're running into 8 track exports that result in 6 empties and everything mixed down to the last two.

• Thu, Oct 16 2014 7:24 PM In reply to

• Jonathan Spafford
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 25 2012
    • Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY
    • Posts 15
    • Points 155

Re: Quicktime Export - audio direct out - strange behavior

I just upgraded from 7.0.4 to 8.1 and have the same issue.  I can't do a SAS QT export with direct out audio.  Well I can put it takes the 12 tracks and mixes them down to 11 and 12.  The QT still has 12 tracks of audio, but the first ten are silent. 

I've tried every method and codec there is.  All sequence mix types, all output types (stereo, mono, 5.1...)  Nothing works.  I can export all the tracks if I export to a wav.  But then I get a poly wave and I need stems glued to a QT for final delivery. 

I think I'm going to downgrade. 

Varies... but this second... 10.8.5, MC 8.2, Mac Pro 12 core, 32GB RAM, ISIS5000 storage, Avid Nitris DS [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller