Latest post Thu, Jul 24 2014 1:18 AM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 22 2014 11:12 PM

• koozman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Media Composer Pan & Zoom and Resize effect

This may be a dumb question but is there a way to slow the speed of zooms in the Pan and Zoom effect and also when you use resize? Also which filter seems to work the best for smooth movement.

Macbook Pro wih OX 10.8 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 22 2014 11:56 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer Pan & Zoom and Resize effect

koozman:
    but is there a way to slow the speed of zooms in the Pan and Zoom effect
    The speed of the zoom is dependant an how much you zoom and over what time period you take to make that change.
    koozman:
    and also when you use resize?
    I use resize for video frames and possibly graphics that are originally the same size as my video frame
    koozman:
    Also which filter seems to work the best for smooth movement.
    Pan and Zoom has Ease In and Ease Out options for keyframes allowing you to adjust the motion of the zooms to suit your requirement.

• Thu, Jul 24 2014 12:32 AM In reply to

• Twosheds
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 15 2006
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 91
    • Points 995

I am also having issues with Avid Pan and Zoom. Basically the images look soft. Even if I select the Ultra High Filter setting. I am getting better results importing the image and using a resize effect. I read somewhere that the original image needs to be 72dpi, so I tried that but it made no discernable difference. Anyone have any ideas?

Media Composer Ultimate 2019.6 and 20.4.0 Mac OSX 10.14.6 and 10.15.4 DNxIO and DNxIQ iMac 27" Late 2013 i7 16GB, iMac 27" 2019 i9 64GB MacPro... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Jul 24 2014 1:18 AM In reply to

Twosheds:
    I read somewhere that the original image needs to be 72dpi
    I read that to, but there is no conceivable (to me) reason why this should be. From those threads it appeared that the issue was mostly experienced by Mac users. P&Z in Mac I think still uses the Quicktime Codec for some graphic types, where as the PC version dumped QT for P&Z with MC 6 (64 bit)

What pixel size are your original files? What Resolution is your Project?
    What file format are the original files?
    When you render the P&Z in the timeline do you see better quality? (Some versions had all unrendered P&Z's show in draft quality regardless of the settings.)

FWIW predominantly on PC's here and I have never seen your issue in any version of Avid since P&Z was first introduced.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller