Latest post Thu, Jul 24 2014 9:34 AM by Peter Lund. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 20 2014 9:10 PM

• Peter Lund
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 22 2008
    • Hamburg
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,755

Multigroup "Locator" for individual Layer in group ?

Hi, 

i have created a multigroup with different takes in time (not the usual 3 or 10 camera show) 

it´s a music video with different takes at different speeds.

now i have 6 multigroups with more than 70 layer in this groups. 

i need to leave marks on the indivual multigroups and in the layer clip to marks the section as good 

or not or leave a message for later work .... 

If i mark the track the locater stays in front no matter if i shuttle through the multigroup. 

Is there a way to leave "marks on individual" multigroup clips ? 

(and it would be so great if we could open the multigroup like a collapsed clip, ups just dreaming) 

thanxs 

pele 2010 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Avid MC 7.0.4 /// MacBooks pro early... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 21 2014 5:29 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

Re: Multigroup "Locator" for individual Layer in group ?

You can matchframe to the group clip then matchframe again from the source window to original source file and drop a marker in there. rememvber you need to matchframe twice - once to brign up the group clip inthe source window then again from the source window to bring up the original source clip. You have to exit multicam mode first.

Peter Lund:
    (and it would be so great if we could open the multigroup like a collapsed clip, ups just dreaming) 

You can see all your source clips in multicam mode but the only way to view the ungrouped media would be to lay in your original sync map above the multicam clip and collapse that (obviously with the two in sync). Then just switch monitoring between the two tracks and double click to "step into" the collapsed track. That should work for you.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Wed, Jul 23 2014 7:04 PM In reply to

• Peter Lund
    • Not Ranked
    • Hamburg
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,755

Mondo:
    You can matchframe to the group clip then matchframe again from the source window to original source file and drop a marker in there. rememvber you need to matchframe twice - once to brign up the group clip inthe source window then again from the source window to bring up the original source clip. You have to exit multicam mode first.

hi mondo, 

i did this, but the locator only shows up in the "clip" not in the edited multigroup sequence? 

how can i update that locators shown in the clip also show up in the sequence....

do i have to go to the setting to change this ? 

kind regards peter 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Avid MC 7.0.4 /// MacBooks pro early... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 24 2014 8:50 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

Hey Peter - sorry it didn't work for you but that is the only way you can put a marker on to a source clip in a multigroup. The marks are there, but they'll only show up when you decompose the sequence. Which I realise now is useless to you.

I think the best way to work would be to mark only the multigroup but use different coloured markers depending on what source angle you are referring to. If you have 70 different clips running at the same time that would be a problem. With that many clips you'll probably need to attack it in a logical fashion with clip and reel numbers embedded into the markers for reference.

Alternatively after you've matchframed and marked you could drop the source clip into the timeline above the multigroup - don't monitor it - its purely there for a reference so you know what clip the marker was referring to.

Good luck, sounds massive

John

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Thu, Jul 24 2014 9:34 AM In reply to

• Peter Lund
    • Not Ranked
    • Hamburg
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,755

Hi John, 

i did this: 

i put a marker on the multigroup in the timeline.

In the Maker i write the name of the clip i am refering to ( i see clip 6403 and 2nd choice would be the MG Clip 6422) 

So i worked around the problem like this....

the other option i found is that in the timeline you can comment the clips you are working on.

it´s in the recorder Hamburg "add comments" .

the only thing i don´t understand is that i cannot draw the comments to the timeline nor can i see them in a bin.

they are just bound to the clip ....

it works kind of ....

the other way would be that you copy paste the clip to a V under the viewed clip.

select the videolayer you think of as second choice and then you leave it there in the timeline.

Things get messi, wenn you have to insert and rearange ....

thanxs Peter  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller