Latest post Fri, Jun 13 2014 10:22 PM by Robert Martindale. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 9 2014 3:14 PM

New Blue not making alpha channels?

Helllo all,

I am trying to do something with New Blue Titler (all versions) that was easy in Marquee, Title Tool and Avid FX.  Specifically, create text that can be manipulated with the 3D Warp tool.

The look I'm after calls for a shadow to move behind text using the skew command in 3D warp.  Easy to do with all the other titlers.

When I try to use text from New Blue and add the 3D warp effect, not only is the text changed but the background as well.  It appears New Blue is not making text with alpha channels.

I would try to do all this in the New Blue interface, but there is no skew control that I see.

Any thoughts on this? 

• Mon, Jun 9 2014 8:20 PM In reply to

Re: New Blue not making alpha channels?

BTW, a simple resize effect has the same issue.

• Tue, Jun 10 2014 8:57 PM In reply to

Seems AVID FX (Boris Red)  has the same issue but at least it has a skew control in it.

Marquee makes text that is fully adjustable after promoting the title to 3D.  So does Title Tool (but its just about unusable now).

• Fri, Jun 13 2014 10:22 PM In reply to

Exporting an AVI with straight alpha from Boris Red (AVID FX) creates a file with an alpha that is adjustable with the 3D warp control without affecting the layers below it.  Exporting an MOV with alpha from Titler V3 (not an option in V2 or V1) creates and MOV that can be also be adjusted with the 3D warp tool.

You lose the ability to adjust the titles in the native application though so, its not perfect, but gets us some down the road.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller