Latest post Tue, May 13 2014 2:18 AM by jwrl. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 11 2014 7:43 PM

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 12 2014
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

Dizzy view effect for a dream sequence

Hello

I want to have a "dizzy" effect like when you're drunk or not realizing what you see and you see the image shaking in front of you, but not extremely. You end as an audience noticing what's happening but you realize that the person in the video is not in full consince or dreaming. I actually want to use it for a dream sequence but we ended up with shaky footage and I want to make it look as we meant to shoot it shacky so any other ideas are welcome.

Thank you.

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, May 12 2014 1:28 PM In reply to

• jakeheat
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 3 2006
    • London
    • Posts 497
    • Points 5,985

Re: Dizzy view effect for a dream sequence

What effects package to you have? Boris, Sapphire...?

If you don't have any, then may just want to add a blur and then keyframe the intensity.

You could also superimpose the image ontop of itself with a keyframed possition offset of between 0-10.

Media Composer 2019.7.0 MacPro 6 core - 64 GB RAM - OS:10.14.5 3.33Ghz iMacs, Macbook Pros. BM UltraStudio 4K Extreme After Effects, etc [view my complete system specs]

@jaketheeditor 

• Tue, May 13 2014 2:18 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,390
    • Points 97,050

Re: Dizzy view effect for a dream sequence

jakeheat:
    You could also superimpose the image ontop of itself with a keyframed possition offset of between 0-10.
    Alternatively, you could timeshift the two layers by a frame or so,  Then, take the composite you've just created and add a radial blur using AvidFx so that the edges of the frame blur more than the centre.

It may also be worthwhile fiddling with colorgrading too.  Depending on whether this fantasy sequence is supposed to be frightening or not, either desaturate the image somewhat and add a faint blue cast, or push the saturation and warm the color up.

There's a million ways you can achieve what you want.  Explore.  Have fun.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller