Latest post Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:43 AM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 20 2014 9:58 PM

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 12 2014
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

Grouping clips on the timeline

Hello

I was wondering is there's a way to group a couple of clips on the timeline to become one clip? Also grouping clips and audio on multiple layers for example after sycning audio with video you want to lock this to stay the same at all time. What I want to do is to be able to apply same settings and movement to these clips at once instead of doing it every time. Also sometimes by mistake I do a Add Edit in a clip and I foget about it and I found myself wanting to put it back again.

Thanks

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 23 2014 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Grouping clips on the timeline

Hi,

salah_anwar:
    ...grouping clips and audio on multiple layers for example after sycning audio with video you want to lock this to stay the same at all time.

Make a sequence out of the audio and video you want to make into one clip.  Then highlight the sequence in the bin and select Bin > AutoSync.  This will create a new subclip.

salah_anwar:
    I was wondering is there's a way to group a couple of clips on the timeline to become one clip? ...  What I want to do is to be able to apply same settings and movement to these clips at once instead of doing it every time.

Here's what I'd do:

1. Add an effect to one clip, and adjust it (movement, etc) how you want it.

2. Drag the effect icon from the Effect Editor window to a bin to save it.

3. Select all the clips in the timeline you want to apply your saved effect to.

4. Double-click the effect you saved in step 2.

The effect will be applied to all the clips you selected in step 3.

Hope that helps.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:13 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,173
    • Points 23,315

Hi Salah It sounds like you want the group un group like in premiere but that does not exist in AVID but what Carl has suggested works well it is just a change of work flow...

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Wed, Apr 23 2014 1:14 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,173
    • Points 23,315

As for removing an add edit use remove match frame edits...

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Thu, Apr 24 2014 12:25 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,390
    • Points 97,050

Tom Pearson:
    As for removing an add edit use remove match frame edits...
    If for any reason that doesn't work - you may have added an effect to the clip before adding the edit, for example - what will work is to use extend edit to move the match cut to either the beginning or end of the clip in the timeline.

But try "Remove match farme edits" first.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 24 2014 3:06 AM In reply to

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 12 2014
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

How to select a coupel of clips quicker than clicking each one? It's an option I saw in FCP you can just select a couple of clips by dragging the mouse cursor and opening a selecting box.

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:43 AM In reply to

salah_anwar:
    How to select a coupel of clips quicker than clicking each one?

Click and drag around them.  Or use the Select Right/Left buttons.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller