Latest post Wed, Mar 26 2014 10:47 AM by ctomo1. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 1:01 PM

• ctomo1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 15 2012
    • Posts 21
    • Points 245

AMA re-linking nightmare

Hi to whoever can help me!

I manage an ISIS sytem at a production company. We recently moved on to Avid 7 and has been wokring quite well actually. My problem however is to do with a documentary that we have just finished. I ahve been testing the AMA - transcode - offline - delete clip - relink and bring back online. It has been working fine for any projects that were started in Avid 7 however the project concerned was intitially started in Avid 6.5.4 - it was all ama'd in and transcoded down. Since the project has been finished I am removing off the system but when I can to do a test the other day I tried to relink to bring the AMA files back online and it never works.

I always get the console telling me - Exception: Cannot quick import a mixed resolution QuickTime movie.

Now nothing has change, resolution has always stayed the same. Im in the correct format of project etc etc. Ive tried batch importing - the same happens.

Im going insane and I cant leave this as I need to know that we can bring this all back online in the future if need be.

Any help would be really helpful.

Thanks

• Mon, Mar 24 2014 1:20 PM In reply to

Re: AMA re-linking nightmare

You can't use importing (or batch importing) for AMA linked sources. Import and AMA are seperate processes.

Have you tried AMA linking the required sources in a dummy bin? (you can find the surces you need by using the show reference clips in the bin display of the sequence bin)

With the required AMA clips AMA-linked the clips in the sequence may just link up automatically or you may need to use the re-link command on the selected open bins.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 1:32 PM In reply to

• ctomo1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 21
    • Points 245

oh I know that would normally be the case b ut with Avid nowadays you never know waht might work.

Yes I have ama'd the originals back in to see if it will bring the deleted ones back online as I know this works a lot of the time but still nothing.

Whats weird is the Re-link to AMA is blacked out but I know it was 100% an AMA'd clip transcoded down because it has a .new.01 at the end and I remember doing it.

Thanks

Just to add that batch importing in v7 from something that you originally did in v6.5 does work where as the AMA doesnt work!

Avid does this mean that anything I ama'd in v6.5 or below wont work and therefor I have the very long task of re importing everything and then re editing everything?

Sounds like absolute madness to me!

• Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:06 PM In reply to

The AMA should work.  What kind of files are you trying to relink?  And are you trying to relink to your original AMA clips or to transcoded material?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Mar 26 2014 10:47 AM In reply to

• ctomo1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 21
    • Points 245

Its just your bog standard Arri Alexa Pro res 422 HQ files.

Im trying to go back form the transcoded material. Normally once ive finished with the transcoded material i delete the media and then I do a relink and it brings all the original ama files back online.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller