Latest post Fri, Mar 21 2014 3:08 AM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:08 AM

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 12 2014
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

Trouble moving projects with Media Files

Hello

I had some projects on a 750 GB hard drive I had along with its media location in "Avid Mediafiles" on that hard drive. I also had some projects on my computer hard drive with another "Avid Mediafiles" on my C: drive. Recently I bought a 4 TB hard drive so I moved the whole "Avid Media files" folder from the 750 GB to the 4 TB and then went inside that same folder on my C: drive and moved all the MXF files from the 1 folder inside "Avid MediaFiles" to the same folder on the 4 TB hard drive.

Now I'm trying to open the projects and relinking the files, but I'm getting offline in a lot of projects. Speically the ones were on the C: drive.

I think I need some tool to reconnect or refresh the files in the bins and connect it to the mxf files on the 4TB.

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 20 2014 6:03 AM In reply to

Re: Trouble moving projects with Media Files

How many files are in the 1 folder on the 4TB drive?
    It is recommended to keep this total below 5,000
    You can just make a 2 folder and a 3 folder (etc) inside the 4TB drives Avid MediaFiles\MXF\  and split the media up between several of those numbered folders.

You also need to delete these two files from the 1 folder in the 4TB drives  Avid MediaFiles\MXF\  folder
    msmFMID.pmr 
    msmMMOB.mdb

Then make sure Avid is not looking at you C:\ drive or 750GB drive by adding an X in front of the Avid MediaFiles folder name ( xAvid MediaFiles)

Open Avid and during the startup you should see Avid index the 1, 2 3 etc folders on the 4 TB drive.
    If Avid does not index the numbered folders post again and someone will help from there.

If Avid does index the folders you should find all your file are magically online.

• Fri, Mar 21 2014 2:47 AM In reply to

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 12 2014
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

Thank you so much. Everything worked perfectly.

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 21 2014 3:08 AM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller