Latest post Mon, Mar 3 2014 11:39 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 3 2014 10:25 PM

• kmb23
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 15 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Problem importing subtitle files into avid

I've searched through the forums and haven't found a solution that's worked for me thusfar.

I'm trying to add subtitles from a txt file using BBEdit, but whenever I try to import the file I get an error saying "WARNING: NO CAPTIONS from the sourse file OVERLAP the selected clip"

No matter what I change the TC in my file to, once I try to import it shows as starting at "00:00:00:00" while  my selected clip starts at "01:00:00:00". 

I'm making these txt files from transcriptions that are done and in a word doc. I would love to find a program that would allow me to copy and paste the TC and transcriptions and export as an STL, but so far the only freeware I've found such as Aegisub and Jubler only seem to make sense to use if you're starting from scratch. 

Any suggestions? This has become more trouble than it's worth.

• Mon, Mar 3 2014 11:39 PM In reply to

Re: Problem importing subtitle files into avid

Try this:

http://www.fab-online.com/eng/download/subtitling.htm

It works with txt files and stl although with stl greek does not work but I hope you are not bothered by that for multiple reasons.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller