Latest post Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:02 PM by Claude-ED. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:42 AM

• Claude-ED
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 19 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

XDcam Batch import problem

Media Composer 6.5.3 has a problem when using the batch import. Mostly Media composer crash on the first import. I think the problem (after a long search), is caused by the number of characters used for the name of the Prodisc XDCAM. Whenever I use a disc with 8 character name, Media Composer does not recognize the disc and the application crash. As soon as I change disk name that is not 8 characters everything works perfectly.  It looks like a confusion with the base name of a blank XDCam disc "Untitled" (8 characters). There is someone who knows this problem? 

I use Media Composer 6.5.3 on a Mac bookpro with OSX 10.8.5 and Sony PDW-U2

Thanks

Claude B.

• Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:45 PM In reply to

• Jamie Beedy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 13 2007
    • Chicago, Il
    • Posts 225
    • Points 2,600

Re: XDcam Batch import problem

Hi Claude, 

I use XCam Prodisc media as well, with the SOny XDCam U1 Drive, on a mac based Symphony. I haven't ever run into this issue. But, then again, I haven't been importing in a long time, pretty much since AMA was intoduced for XDCam. Also, with the Disc Labeling Scheme that we use, our disc names are never longer then 7 Characters. So, that maybe the reason that I never ran into this issue when I did do imports. 

Curious as to why your doing Imports and Batch imports instead of consolidating or transcoding using AMA??

Jamie

Avid Media Composer w/ Symphony Option-V8.5.2 / Mac OSX 10.9.5 / Mac Pro 4.1 - 2x2.66Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 24 GB DDR3 RAM Unity 5.1.3 Unity Media... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:02 PM In reply to

• Claude-ED
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 19 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: XDcam Batch import problem

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your advice, but I made a mistake in the thread title. The problem that arises at the time of import, when I do not use the AMA mode. The reason I like this work is that it is possible I am working again on this project much later, so the batch import seems ideal. So when the AMA is not based Media composer does not recognize the name of the disk and quit without warning. But if I change the number of characters of the name of the disk everything works perfectly. You tell me to use the names of 7 or 9 characters, but where I work all the disks are named with 8 character. And change the name of any discs will be very complicated. 

Thank you for your help 

Claude B.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller