Latest post Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:34 AM by prathyushkumar@icloud.com. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 14 2014 8:42 AM

Thinking of shifting from FCP 7 to MC

Hi,

I am working on a feature,which i started on FCP 7,but i am kind of bored with it.Thinking shifting to my favourite Media Composer.

They are shooting on Alexa,only five days of shoot happened,so i think its a right time to shift.

Getting Dailies as Pro Res LT from DIT and its sync sound project

1.decide to do an XML to AAF transfer and start on MC

But i will be getting Pro Res LT only from DIT,because of my assistant in Location has only FCP 7 and its easy for director and other crew members to watch Dailies.

I have finished subcliping and Merge Clips(Auto Sync) in FCP too

Now my doubt is whether i will get all those things proerly or i have to do it again.(Merge Clips)In my last my project which idid in Symphony,i had some issues too

I really dont have the time to do  R&Dnow ,so it will great,if someone could guide me.

Thank you

prathyush

• Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:16 AM In reply to

Re: Thinking of shifting from FCP 7 to MC

I don't think I would feel comfortable with that workflow. Most importantly, you will want to sync up in MC rather than in FCP, not sure any of the merges will come across correctly, and if they do, you might not be getting all the correct metadata for sound post across. If you're working on MC, so should your AE.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 14 2014 10:51 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,251
    • Points 14,130

Have a look at this 

iMac 5K on High Sierra MC 2020.5, HP z420 MC 2020.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:04 AM In reply to

Hi,

Thanks for the replies,I tried via Auto Duck,but then i read its does not work with MC 7 it only work with MC 5.0.3

What to do?i just *** stuck with FCP 7

• Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:26 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

Have you tried the Boris plugin

http://www.borisfx.com/AAF/

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:34 AM In reply to

Hi,

i just tried it,better was auto Deck.i kind of facing problem in getting my sync sound files.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller