Latest post Wed, Jan 8 2014 5:56 PM by pt user. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 8 2014 5:42 PM

• pt user
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 15 2011
    • Posts 317
    • Points 4,250

Help! MC7 How to link a subclip to fresh media?

Hi

Never had to do this before. I have modified a subclips source and imported it into my bin as new media. 

Cant work out how to modify the subclip edit in the timeline so it links to the new version?

Manual doesnt seem to explain this or Im not seeing it...Help appreciated...

MC8, Hack Mac 12 core SSD, 3x Nvidia Graphics cards Davinci Resolve Macbook Pro i7 quad core , Hitachi Raid drives for Video, ProTools 11, Pro Tools HD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 8 2014 5:45 PM In reply to

Re: Help! MC7 How to link a subclip to fresh media?

Are you sure you can't just manually replace the edit? Often less hassle.

The new subclip and the one in the timeline have a different source, so they won't link the normal way.

You could decompose the sequence, modify the resulting .new.01 clip that is the one you are trying to relink, then relink the decomposed sequence. A bit cumbersome, although you could place the clip you want to relink on a different V-track, then decompose just that V-track.

Another idea would be to add a Labroll or Camroll to both the old and the new subclip, then choose to relink based on Labroll or Camroll. Not sure how easy that is.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 8 2014 5:56 PM In reply to

• pt user
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 15 2011
    • Posts 317
    • Points 4,250

Re: Help! MC7 How to link a subclip to fresh media?

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I can manually replace the edit. its a shame to do this as I have already mixed the soundtrack in Pro Tools that reference it. Thought it might be a good exercise, however from what you say it looks a load of hassle. I thought this kind of thing was supposed to be easy with NLE..

MC8, Hack Mac 12 core SSD, 3x Nvidia Graphics cards Davinci Resolve Macbook Pro i7 quad core , Hitachi Raid drives for Video, ProTools 11, Pro Tools HD... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller