Latest post Thu, Jan 9 2014 9:25 PM by sjase7. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 7 2014 2:37 AM

• sjase7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 15 2013
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Proxy editing with AMA

Hi

Having issues with (I assume) a non-conventional workflow - just wonder if I'm doing things right.

I have 500 BITC quicktimes (without quicktime TC) from our library that need to be logged.

So, I have imported the clips through AMA and added TC in the start field to match the BITC timecode, then double checked to see if it is correct.

All good, so I subclip the shots I need, then take the ibrary roll drive offline.

The I go to digitise the clips and it says 'no clips need to be captured'.

I assume it still thinks it is an AMA clip - is there anyway to make it think it is a tape roll?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason.

• Tue, Jan 7 2014 2:43 AM In reply to

Re: Proxy editing with AMA

Did you add a TAPE NAME? 

• Tue, Jan 7 2014 2:50 AM In reply to

• sjase7
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

No, the clip has the name of the Library roll - ie LR19679 - I figure the assistants can work this out and would save me 500 data entries. Or do you mean enter the tape name in the capture tool when digitising?

• Tue, Jan 7 2014 3:27 PM In reply to

I believe a clip has to have a tape name in order for you to batch digitize it, otherwise it's assumed the clip is file-based.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Jan 9 2014 9:25 PM In reply to

• sjase7
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Added Tape Name and all is fine. Thanks for your feedback.

On something less critical - I transfered the media and project to another drive and my custom start TC changed back to zero. Should I actually be logging with Aux TC instead? Not really important - but would be good to know.

Cheers,

Jason.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller