Latest post Wed, Dec 18 2013 3:19 PM by producer1302. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:28 PM

Any tricks to smooth skin with DS native effects?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any solutions for smoothing skin with DS native effects? I have a subject who is older and could use a little smoothing/blurring on their skin. I know Boris has a plug in for this, but I don't have it. I know DS has so very many texture effects, but I can't seem to find one ideally suited to the task. Have any of you guys done anything like this with native DS effects? Any suggestions for effects to try?

• Fri, Dec 6 2013 7:37 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,511
    • Points 42,335

Re: Any tricks to smooth skin with DS native effects?

It is a job of creating a mask, tracking the mask and using a combination of bluring and very selective contrast reduction in the color corrector.

All native DS tools.  Can get complex and tedious depending on the shot or shots.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.11.0 but playing w 2018.12.6|OS 10.14.x - iMac 2017 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Tue, Dec 10 2013 5:09 PM In reply to

It's very easy to work on individual channels in DS in each tool. WHen doing beauty work some RGB channnels will need more attention than others.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

• Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:58 PM In reply to

• mrmikster
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeleez
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,450
    • Moderator: Avid DS
      Moderator: MetaFuze

What the others said, very time consuming process unfortunately. I would look at picking up a copy of Beauty Box. Best $250 plugin out there for this kind of task.

"There are no rules for the brave". Albert Einstein

• Wed, Dec 18 2013 3:19 PM In reply to

Thanks for all the responses!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller