Latest post Thu, Dec 5 2013 12:57 AM by roywarn. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 24 2013 10:19 PM

• Dynamic7
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 10 2009
    • Posts 205
    • Points 2,950

Error : There are no media drives available. You will only be able to import short logs

What does this mean ?  Ive tried everything that I've read here on the forum but nothing is working . . . .  I am trying to import just a small jpeg file .

I've even tried to set up the drives with the media creation tool but here again it would not even allow me to filter out the SYSTEM / LAUNCH drives or select the external hard drive as the capture drive etc etc. Everything has been grayed out.

Solutions please ?

Thanks.

• Sun, Nov 24 2013 10:48 PM In reply to

Re: Error : There are no media drives available. You will only be able to import short logs

Dynamic7:
    Ive tried everything that I've read here on the forum but nothing is working .

Was one of those things checking permissions on the drive?  If so, then I don't have any other ideas.

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Dec 5 2013 12:57 AM In reply to

• roywarn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 15 2012
    • Posts 12
    • Points 130

Re: Error : There are no media drives available. You will only be able to import short logs

You might try opening the Console and typing "ALLDRIVES 1" then hit enter.

This should allow Avid to see any mounted drives if is not seeing now.

Check and select the drive you want to write to in the "Media Creation" settings.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller