Latest post Thu, Nov 14 2013 2:20 AM by dyllio. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 13 2013 6:17 PM

• JoelGriffen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 645

Is it possible to disable the "Print" keyboard command (command+P) in MC7.0?

Is it possible to disable the "Print" keyboard command (command+P) in MC7.0?

I very rarely need to print from Avid and I often hit command+P on mistake when I am aiming for the less/more detail buttons.  (Command + [ or ]).   I understand it is my mistake with the bad aim, but it happens a lot when I move from my desktop avid to my laptop avid considering the alignment of the two keyboards command button is slightly different enough for my muscle memeory to occasionally fail me. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

-Joel

Filed under:
  • Wed, Nov 13 2013 9:25 PM In reply to

Re: Is it possible to disable the "Print" keyboard command (command+P) in MC7.0?

My solution was to eliminate the bad aim issue by mapping More detail and Less Detail to single keystrokes of my choice. As a very regular user of More and Less detail the up and down arrows work very well for me

• Wed, Nov 13 2013 9:56 PM In reply to

• JoelGriffen
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 645

Re: Is it possible to disable the "Print" keyboard command (command+P) in MC7.0?

Thanks for the response Andrew.  Are the more/less detail commands available for mapping? I do not see them in the command palette or from any drop down menus (for possible menu to button reassignment). Sounds like you've already found them so I bet I'm just overlooking them somewhere.  (The only thing I've found that is semi-close is the focus button, but I've found that I dont really care for that feature. )

thanks for the assistance, 

-Joel

• Thu, Nov 14 2013 1:09 AM In reply to

JoelGriffen:
    Are the more/less detail commands available for mapping?
    Yes. In the Command Palette check the Menu to Button Reassignment box.

Open Your KB settings.
    Click on the button you wish to Map to More Detail. (Your cursor will look different)
    Navigate to the Timeline Hamburger menu and then to More Detail menu and click on it.
    Your KB should show MD on the assigned button
    Repeat for Less Detail

• Thu, Nov 14 2013 2:14 AM In reply to

• JoelGriffen
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 645

AndrewAction:
    Navigate to the Timeline Hamburger menu

Oh that's great! I didn't know it was possible to do a "menu to button re-assignment" to hamburger menu options. Thanks. 

• Thu, Nov 14 2013 2:20 AM In reply to

• dyllio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 57
    • Points 590

Not sure if you're on a Mac (and I'm sure there's a PC equivalent) but I used a program called Keyboard Maestro to over-map the print command as well the Cmd+b (capture).  

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 16Gb RAM, Mac OS 10.7.2, MC6.0.1.1, NitrisDX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller