Latest post Fri, Jun 20 2014 8:17 PM by mikela. 178 replies.
Page 2 of 12 (179 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:55 PM In reply to

• oatbean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Washington DC area
    • Posts 130
    • Points 1,705

Re: Mac OS X 10.9 (Maverick) | Support for MC, PT and Sibelius

Oh... there it is! Thanks!

For anyone out there curious... it's named "Install OS X Mavericks".

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB Mac MC 8.4.0 (software... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 28 2013 4:55 PM In reply to

• ctomo1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 15 2012
    • Posts 21
    • Points 245

Hi Marianna or anyone on the Avid team,

Sorry to try and dig for an answer, but in terms of weeks how long will it take to get a revised version out? We have new macs coming in now that won't downgrade to lower OS and therefore we can't use Avid.

Thanks

• Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,615
    • Points 223,270
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

We are working on testing it but have uncovered quite a few issues as outlined here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Mac-OS-10-9-support-for-Media-Composer-Pro-Tools-Sibelius

it is not a question of not wanting it to work - it is a question of it - wont until we fix some things and possibly Apple as well.

M

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:35 PM In reply to

• NickScale
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 25 2013
    • Posts 21
    • Points 235

I used DiskMakerX (formerly called LionDiskMaker) to create a bootable USB drive for installing 10.9 Mavericks on more than one Mac without having to redownload the installer.

http://liondiskmaker.com/

It was recently updated for Mavericks and the process worked on my 13" Macbook Pro 2010 which was on 10.8.5 before upgrading.

Nick

• Thu, Oct 31 2013 9:48 PM In reply to

Ok, I'm confused. The only way I can get Mavericks is through the App store. When I click "upgrade" it changes to a green button that says "install". Should I click "install" or will that actually "install" the app? I know I've done this before but I can't remember specifically what happens because I was not paying attention - mostly because I wanted the app to actually install, so I just stepped away while it did! 

27" iMac 5k Retina 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, OSX 10.10.5 Avid Media Composer 8.5.2 [view my complete system specs]

Sean Dahlberg

First and Last Films, LLC

Writer/Director/Editor

• Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:54 PM In reply to

• kokomono
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 29 2013
    • Berlin
    • Posts 13
    • Points 150

HI Marianna,

Thanks for working on it...I got the same problem, just got anew Mac Pro...with Mavericks ;(

So I tried to install MC 7, but it failed, in the very end of the process. Necvertheless the programm and so on are now on the computer. I did the installation after checking the Troubleshhoting page, there nothing was written that a installation wouldn't work (I thought I could live with the small bugs at the moment)

Problem is: I tried to uninstall the failed installation, but this is not possible with the uninstaller.

How should I proceed? Is this going to be a problem if there is a update later?

Best,

koko monoi

MacBook Pro Retina 2,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Fri, Nov 1 2013 1:44 PM In reply to

• andrejavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 1 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

i have the same exact problem as kokomono! (with a macbook pro retina)

• Fri, Nov 1 2013 4:25 PM In reply to

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,573
    • Points 19,555

Sean Dahlberg:

Ok, I'm confused. The only way I can get Mavericks is through the App store. When I click "upgrade" it changes to a green button that says "install". Should I click "install" or will that actually "install" the app?

And I have the same problem as Sean.  Apple is so quick to update all on its own these days.

If we hit the "Install" button, can we rest assured that in fact Mavericks WON'T install, but will just sit quietly in our Applications folder waiting for further instructions (from us, not Apple)?

thanks, Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:58 PM In reply to

mhamilton:
    but will just sit quietly in our Applications folder waiting for further instructions
    Why not move it from the Applications folder to a foldfer of your choosing? Move back when you want to install. I do not know that this works but it is what I have done so I will find out when I get around to installing it (when approved by Avid of course)

• Fri, Nov 1 2013 8:12 PM In reply to

• kokomono
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 29 2013
    • Berlin
    • Posts 13
    • Points 150

@mhamilton

Thats exactly what I did.

If you click in the App Store, the donwload starts to your application folder...
    After the download is finished a window opens aksing you if you want to install.

At this point you can quit the installer.

Then you can take the installer out of the application folder.

Once you want to update, just double click...

MacBook Pro Retina 2,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 1 2013 8:12 PM In reply to

mhamilton:

Apple is so quick to update all on its own these days.

If we hit the "Install" button, can we rest assured that in fact Mavericks WON'T install, but will just sit quietly in our Applications folder waiting for further instructions (from us, not Apple)?

thanks, Malcolm

You should uncheck install app updates in the APP Store settings in System Preferences.That will stop the App Store from atomatically installing updates.

Mac Pro 2014 6 core 32gb RAM / AJA 4K IO / MC 8.5.1 / OSX 10.10.5 Retina Macbook Pro (Mid 2014) [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 1 2013 10:06 PM In reply to

• mhamilton
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Ottawa, Canada
    • Posts 1,573
    • Points 19,555

good advice from all three of you.  I will go ahead with this now (after changing my App Store settings).

Regards, Malcolm

Mac Pro 6-Core 3.3GHz • OSX 10.9.1 • Media Composer v7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:45 AM In reply to

• nhisco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 4 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me when AVID plans on updating the M-AUDIO Mobile Pre MK II software to make it compatible with Mavericks?

At the moment I can't use my monitors and unless this problem will be fixed soon it seems I will have to buy a new external soundcard from another supplier.

Cheers

• Mon, Nov 4 2013 1:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,615
    • Points 223,270
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

hi there.

no date has been announced on the pro Audio or Pro Video products and there compatibility with Mavericks....

the following tech note is a good one to subscrib too as - when we do announce - that will be updated.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Mac-OS-10-9-support-for-Media-Composer-Pro-Tools-Sibelius?

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 5 2013 9:44 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,344
    • Points 60,335
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't yet downloaded "Maverick" but I believe it is a free download at the apple store...

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.6.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 12 (179 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller