Latest post Thu, Aug 29 2013 12:51 AM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 29 2013 12:17 AM

• Peter Benner
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 12 2010
    • Wellington - New Zealand
    • Posts 41
    • Points 540

Licensing and Activations advice please

I purchased  MC Version 5 then upgraded to the current 6.5 on PC

I have downloaded the MAC version and want to run this on my Macbook Pro.

I need assistance in understanding what Activation codes I should use from my journey from version 5 to 6.5 and what machine code should be put into the Acivation page for the software. I completely understand that the PC Version needs to be deactivated to run the Macbook version and reverse (so one application at a time)  but I cannot get past the actual Activation of the secondary downloaded  Software.

Oh also exactly were do I get the Mac Machine code from as it appears I can only type Numbers to the Machine ID cell in the Media composer MAchin ID Activation cell 

Many Thanks

Peter

Intel i7 930 @ 2.80GHZ; Asus P6T Deluxe Version 2; 24Gb Ram; 1 System Drive 2TB 3 partitions;1 Aux Drive 6TB; Video Raid0 Drive 4TB; NVida Quadro FX3800;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 29 2013 12:51 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Licensing and Activations advice please

You should be able to use the same code that you used on your PC for activation.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller