Latest post Fri, Aug 16 2013 1:18 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 14 2013 5:01 PM

• Roman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 14 2008
    • Leipzig, Germany
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Media Composer 6 + VMWare on same computer not working

Hi folks

I am running Media Composer 6 on a HP Z820 machine. It worked fine until i tried to install VMware Player software for software-testing purposes. After doing that, Media Composer asked me to activate the software which i already did several month ago. 

After trying to reactivate Media Composer using the electronic activation, AVID gave me an error telling me that 'Avid licence control was not initialized properly'

The same happened after installing Virtual Box. 

Any idea how to run both Media Composer and Virtual Machine or Virtual Box on the same machine?

Thanks for your help!

Roman

HP Z820, NVIDIA Quadro 4000 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Fri, Aug 16 2013 1:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,943
    • Points 214,780
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer 6 + VMWare on same computer not working

Roman

The SW licensing scheme relies on NetWork Interface Card (NIC) being in a certain order and VMware ( I have it running on my Mcbook so I know)  adds virtual NICs to communicate with the guest computers.

So when the VMware changes the NIC, it changed your license and then throws the SW licensing scheme to think you are already registered and wont let you launch.

1.  Send me an email with your system ID and activation and I can manually deactivate it so you can at least use MC

2.  I actually gave up on my system and use a second macbook for MC - but I can see that might not be ideal for you.  Also send me in the email a way to reach you if needed.  I will check with my contacts at VMware and see if there is anything that can be done.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller