Latest post Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:48 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 14 2006 1:56 PM

• T.Baker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 14 2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

Timeline won't play

What the F*^% I'm runnning a Xdv pp on a 10.2.8 osx I was cruising along working on a project and all of a sudden my space bar stopped playing in my timeline. I had just applied an effect, and it stopped working. I can't get it to play on my timeline, or in my composer window. I undid the the last action, the effect, and it still doesn't play. but get this, if I click on the sequence from my bin, it will play the sequence using the space bar, and the cursor will follow on the timeline. Hey, I know my shiite is old, and I plan on updating immediately, but the problem is that this happens even when I open other projects, I can't get my timeline to play within the application at all. WHAT THE F*^%. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON. don't log it on this blog, hit me on my hip and tell me, I'll even pay for the call. 832 418 9827 Tony. Call me. I've even tried reloading the application, and it still doesn't work. It makes me wonder if upgrading is going to do the trick either.
  • Tue, Mar 14 2006 10:21 PM In reply to

• glitch
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 1,021
    • Points 12,150

Re: Timeline wonn't play

Calm down please,

Let's start with the basics:
    Could it be that the timeline or the Composer window are lapping over onto the edge of the Monitor?

MacPro "Trashcan" Matrox MX02 MINI MAX MacBook Pro, Black Magic box [view my complete system specs]

Have an issue? Here's a tissue.

• Fri, Mar 17 2006 4:06 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Timeline won't play

If you want help, it will have to be here. Neither Tech support nor Moderators of this forum will give you free phone support for this problem. Also, when asking for assistance here, please moderate your language and try to state your problem calmly and completely.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Mar 31 2006 12:45 AM In reply to

• jdw
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 363
    • Points 4,435

new user settings?
    MC 2018.9 OS 10.13.6 ISIS 7000 (2018.6.1) [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:14 PM In reply to

• Kynrois
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011
    • Posts 18
    • Points 240

Try rendering all of the effects in your timeline.

• Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:17 PM In reply to

Rebuild site settings files, they may have become corrupted. Quit the application, and from the "settings" folder, delete the following: MC State, Site_Settings, Site_Attributes. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones. If you had previously dragged any user settings into the site settings window, those will need to be restored after the rebuild.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:20 PM In reply to

Just now noticed that this thread is 5 years old. I doubt the OP is even still around.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:32 PM In reply to

Larry Rubin:
    I doubt the OP is even still around.

Yep, the OP has 1 post - maybe he's still waiting to get that phone call?  I wonder if the # is still valid?  We could have lots of fun with it.  

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:42 PM In reply to

Kenton.VanNatten:
    ...maybe he's still waiting to get that phone call?

I'm picturing in my mind a human skeleton, his arm propped on a table at the elbow with chin in hand, covered with cobwebs, staring intently at a phone, also covered with cobwebs.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:48 PM In reply to

lol.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller