Latest post Thu, Jan 9 2014 3:17 AM by SteveK. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:04 PM

Background processes not working

Hi,

My MC 7 doesn't seem to start any of the transcoding in the bg be it dynamic folders, transcoding clips from the bin or sequence.  I checked "enable on launch" and I see the circle moving on the Timeline but nothing transcodes, I don't get any errors either.  Just a new masterclip created offline.  I read a previous thread on this that didn't seem to be resolved.  Any ideas?

• Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:39 PM In reply to

Re: Background processes not working

Have you opened the Background Queue to see what it's reporting?

Tools > Background Queue.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Sat, Jul 13 2013 12:00 AM In reply to

Yes.  Nothing's happening.  What I did find out is that the Readme states that background encoding will not work with Interlplay.  I have the academic version of MC 7 which gives an interplay activation.  I'm wondering if thats whats causing these functions not to work.  

• Sat, Jul 13 2013 12:14 AM In reply to

Are you actually using an Interplay system, or just have that option activated?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Sat, Jul 13 2013 12:41 AM In reply to

No Its on a single computer.  Not using an interplay system.

• Sat, Jul 13 2013 1:22 AM In reply to

violacleff:

Yes.  Nothing's happening.  What I did find out is that the Readme states that background encoding will not work with Interlplay.  I have the academic version of MC 7 which gives an interplay activation.  I'm wondering if thats whats causing these functions not to work.  

i think that only applies to when its connected to interplay. I have and academic license that was upgraded to interplay addition as well and background transcoding and dynamic media folders are working. 

I did a complete rebuild of system before installing 7 FWIW

• Sat, Jul 13 2013 9:24 PM In reply to

If you are still having problems, you might consider doing a full manual uninstall first.  Search the recent forums for Keith Gerrard's procedures on how to do that.  That has fixed issues in most cases.

If not, Robert's suggestion of a full system rebuild might be in order.  There does appear to be issues on some systems when upgrading to this new version.

-- Kevin

• Tue, Jul 16 2013 5:13 AM In reply to

It appears the proble was that my network was connected.  I have seen that this is a bug.  Is everyone experiencing this? With my wifi disconnected everthing worked.

• Tue, Jul 16 2013 2:00 PM In reply to

• MagnusMeerkat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 29 2005
    • Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,240

Hi,

I've got this exact same issue, I've tried everything and cannot get the backgrounds to work. just tried without ethernet and wifi and worked after stopping and re-starting services.  Would love to get a solution as all my media is on a network server.

Cheers,

Magnus

Symphony 2018.5, Mac Pro 2010 3.33ghz 6core, 32gb, OS X 10.11.6, DNxIO --- MC 9.3 Mac Pro 2009 2.6GHz 6 Core, 32GB, OS X 10.11.6, Nitris DX ---- MC 9.5... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 9 2014 3:17 AM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 319
    • Points 3,600

I'm still having the background process not working with mc 7.03 and mavericks.

services app bounces the "application not responding"

queue remains empty.

do you also get the problem where you need to disconnect the network during avid "boot"?

any one got a definitive answer

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 2018.3 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" i7 MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller