Latest post Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:56 PM by Dominique N. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 12:52 PM

Media Composer 7 run on Snow Leopard?

Hi,

I know the OSX requirements for MC7 says OS X Lion and Mountain Lion (64-bit), but I was wondering if it would still work on OSX Snow Leopard booted into 64-bit mode?

I would like to buy MC7 in a month or so, but I have to stay on Snow Leopard and finish a couple projects in Final Cut 7. In the meantime I'd like to download the trial version of MC7 and practise to get up to speed when I finally switch over to Mountain Lion and MC7.

Thanks.

Dominique

• Fri, Jun 28 2013 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 7 run on Snow Leopard?

It's not likely.  I'd recommend building your system as Dual-Boot.  Best of both worlds.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Jun 28 2013 1:08 PM In reply to

What about creating a second partition (or drive) for Mountain Lion, and installing MC7 there?  Then, when you're ready, either bump the SL partition up to ML, and install MC7.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.6, Avid Media Composer 2020.12 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:26 PM In reply to

• Jake
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 6 2011
    • midwest-northwest soon!
    • Posts 33
    • Points 385

installed on Snow Leopard yesterday and started cutting a music video. Everything seems to work fine on Snow Leopard so far.

(2010) mac pro 2.8 quad, ati 5770 & gtx 460, 10gb ram, 10.7.2 lion, Avid MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:56 PM In reply to

Thanks for this. I'll try it too. Good luck with your music video.

Dominique

Jake:

installed on Snow Leopard yesterday and started cutting a music video. Everything seems to work fine on Snow Leopard so far.

• Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:56 PM In reply to

usatraveler:

What about creating a second partition (or drive) for Mountain Lion, and installing MC7 there?  Then, when you're ready, either bump the SL partition up to ML, and install MC7.

I didn't think of that. I've never done it before, so I'll probably buy a new harddrive and install Mountain Lion on it, MC7, etc., so I'm not changing anyting with my existing boot drive and projects. Really don't want to mess around there. This way I can start new projects in MC7 and when I'm completely finished with Snow Leopard wipe that boot drive clean and use it for media storage.

Thanks for your advice.

Dominique

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller