Latest post Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:41 AM by Allan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:59 PM

• Lenny V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 29 2012
    • NYC
    • Posts 27
    • Points 365

Grouping Question

Hey Guys 

I'm grouping 2 cams one hvx and one "clamshell" cctv cam with audio. The CCTV cam starts out fine and in sync, however every 5 seconds the audio drifts a few seconds and I have to insert an edit and shift everything a few frames to match. Is there any other way to do this or does it just have to be taken slowly (watching all footage, adding edits and moving the footage accordingly to line with the a cam)?

Work: MacPro quad core 2.66ghz XEON 6GB Ram AVID MC 4.0.5 Home: Macbook Pro 15" 2011 2.0ghz 12 gb ram Avid MC 6.5 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:30 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,610
    • Points 65,805

Re: Grouping Question

Tough one! Seems like it has to be taken slowly, if both cameras recorded audio it may help to display the waveforms to catch up the sync drifts.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:41 AM In reply to

• Allan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Denmark
    • Posts 291
    • Points 3,545

Re: Grouping Question

Try use Autosyncing.

I Think that different frame rate and samle rate may influence the sync drift.

From MC help menu:

Autosyncing is often used for projects in which picture and sound were captured separately

•  You can create only one autosynced subclip at a time. You cannot autosync numerous pairs of audio and video clips simultaneously. 

•  If the audio and video clips do not have matching source or auxiliary timecode, you must establish common sync frames (clapper bord, door slam etc.). To do this, mark In points (or Out points) on both clips before you autosync. When you autosync using this method, the whole clip is taken into the subclip. 

•  If you autosync clips of different lengths, the longer clip is truncated to the length of the shorter clip; video clips override audio clips. 

13 edit stations Educational MC 6.5.2 in use, MC 6.5.3 under reliability test, MC 7 under consideration workflow test, dongles with troubles, AVID ISIS... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller