Latest post Tue, May 7 2013 2:56 PM by peteopo. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 7 2013 2:56 PM

• peteopo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 16
    • Points 160

RTAS causes segmentation fault- cross post

Re-posting this to MC Mac. Problem is probably not specific to Symphony.

Symph 6.5 Mac, OS 10.8.2, Nugen Vis-LM plugin.

Been having a problem with "segmentation fault at 0x0...", narrowed it down to this:

Build a sequence. Apply Nugen RTAS plugin, Mix. I can work with it all day, open and close the bin. No issues. Exit Symph and come back. Every time the sequence with the plugin is loaded in source/rec the app crashes out - error shown above.

This will happen with media online or with media hidden (rename MXF folder). The same sequence opened in MC 6 on a WIN 7 machine will play out fine, but that machine doesn't have the plugin - so while it shows in the sequence - it's not really there. Copy all the cuts to a new sequence w/o the plugin. Open the new sequence back on the Mac and everything's OK.

I have to stress that this does not appear to be a problem with the pluging itself. So long as Symph is running from the time of the initial creation of the sequence w/plugin. It's only on exit and re-open that this problem occurs?

Known issue?

Pete O

Orlando

MC 6.0.3, Z800, 16GB Ram, Quadro 5000 Symph 6.5.2, Mac Pro dual quad 2.8 8GB RAM ATTO 380 SAS Netgear Readynas2100 near line storage MaxxDigital... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller